Sunday, February 7, 2010

With a glass of wine in hand...

Yep, I fed that week-long craving for cheese fondue and red wine and it was awesome!

Am nice and full right now, chilling out after another crazy busy day doing lord-knows-what, just had a nice online chat with Vegas (four more sleeps until he's home...) and am not ashamed to admit that another 9pm bedtime looks mighty fine to me.

I miss my hubby.

Sigh.

So, a couple pics of what's going on... This is the "chicken condo" our contractor built in our garage last Friday, to house our silkies until the weather is warm enough to move them into a chicken tractor (I ran out of place in the main coop):

These little guys seem to LOVE their new temporary housing! It's insulated, heated, ventilated, dry and comfortable - they even have classical music playing all day long... Yes it's a small space but I don't have a choice right now. Just a couple more months of crappy winter...

*crossing fingers*

My lovely chicken breeder friend called this morning, he had a surprise gift for me... A new girl for the flock! He went to get her on Friday for me from another breeder that he knows, I had mentioned wanting that particular breed for a while now and they're very hard to find around here (quality brown leghorn) so he got one for me - how sweet is that?

I'll try to take a photo of her tomorrow, she's 9 or 10 months old so I should be seeing lovely white eggs soon, once she's settled in her new life. She's sooo laid back and calm, I loves her! She'll need a sister soon though... He he.

New discoveries of must-haves:
  • Lindt Dark Chocolate Mint Balls
  • An uninterrupted night's sleep
  • Dr. Teal's Lavender Hand Cream
  • One-minute microwave chocolate fondue
  • Blue eggs
  • Glitter Pink lip gloss
  • What Not To Wear re-runs
  • Dan Brown mystery novels
This house is strange. It's a concrete block yet it randomly cracks, creaks, snaps and groans - sometimes even startling me into a gasping "whatthehellwasthat!" - I can only imagine what it will be like when we move into a regular wood-frame house. Gulp.

So. What's new in your neck of the woods?

/end of Rambly Convo post/

12 comments:

prin said...

lol @ the married girl suddenly hearing cracks and snaps. :D You get used to it after a while of living unprotected. :D

I'm glad you liked that sample mint ball. :)

prin said...

Oh, and is it wrong that I wanted to be in that chicken cubicle? It looks warm in there...

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love the new little condo in the garage. So sweet.
You are such a great mama to the birds...and you seem to have so many now and more on the way?
Have you a head count????
Creaks, cracks and house groans...I think the homestead is just thanking you for taking such good care. Or maybe it is complaining about Dog farts????
Sleep!!!

C said...

you are SUCH a good mama to the hens and roos... awww, they loves you mama..

that new coop looks so cozy, is there room for moi?

what the heck is vegas in UK for... and will he bring you back treats..... ;)

i agree with suz, the house is thanking you with love groans for being such a good person and taking care of everything with love the way you do.

hug them back!

c

Kathryn said...

The chicken condo looks great! And toasty, too!!

And you're only hearing things because hubby is gone. When I am home alone I generally stay on the couch. And begrugdingly go to the bedroom when delerious. ;o)

Fondue sounds delicious. It's been far too long since I've indulged.

New in this neck of the woods? Chinese New Year is coming up, people will be coming over, which means I have to hurry up and settle on the menu so I know what I'm cooking. Lots to do, but I loves it.

Happy Monday!

Anonymous said...

yeah im missing my dad too I only see him twice in a whole year for less than two weeks actually so when he comes back you give him a hug from me xxxxx ;) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

prin was it fun seeing avatar?

Curly said...

Classical music for the chickens? How many do you have now?

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Good for you, glad you had your wine and fondue. The coop looks really nice, warm & cozy. Congratulations on the new girl!

Technodoll said...

Prin, I need more samples :-D The silkies seem sooo calm in that little "prison"... weirdos.

Busy Bee, 25 chickens and 2 turkeys now... and a few more on the way. Oops. Sleep, yes I'm getting some but need more - go figure...

C, yes hubby got me treats, he spoils me! unlike this monster of a house that is starting to creep me out... I'll be so happy when it's sold!

Kathryn, so cool that you celebrate Chinese new year! What are your festivity specialties? to make me drool :-D

Farley, I will do that! Besides you wouldn't want to live with him, he's very strict you know ;-)

Curly, classical music seems to calm them down - weird, eh? 25 chickens and 2 turkeys now... more on the way.

Just Breathe, thank you! I love that chicken condo but I need a few more and they are so expensive to build... will have to come up with alternate solutions!

Anonymous said...

lol technodoll Ibet he is strict lol when i touched his computer screen he screemed and told me off

prin said...

Meh. Avatar was alright. Luckily my date was hot, so that made up for what the movie lacked...