Friday, February 19, 2010

It's... a snowball?!

No, literally - we woke up to a foot of the white stuff covering everything this morning. Ugghh. Perfect timing for tomorrow's house showing - not like we didn't have enough to prep as it is!!

But as fate wills things, we've got two back-to-back showings lined up!

How cool is that?

We only need the one buyer... So crossing fingers someone likes the place enough to move quickly on it, because if I have to go through this giant spring cleaning two dozen times before we sell I will seriously lose my mind. And the use of my arms.

You try living in an immaculate museum with three giant furry slobby dogs for longer than an hour without messing anything up and tell me how it goes!

Aye caramba.

I'm craving a hot loaded pizza for dinner - like, seriously craving. I wonder if Vegas will indulge me this treat for working so bleddy hard the past two days as Cleaning Maid Supreme... Hell, it's Friday night, why the hell not! Woo! As soon as he gets off his last business call of the day I'm breaking the news.

"Hunny? Please fetch us some pizza for dinner because you love me?"

He he - he loves pizza so it's no contest ;-)

I have to rehome one of my white silkie roos - been thinking about it for months now, gauging the situation, waiting and watching and re-arranging living situations as best I can but have finally hit that wall now. I have too many roos and not enough hens, the boys are all frustrated and having crowing competitions and fence-fights - they're not happy. My breeding plans include one roo and a few girls per breed (apart from my egg-laying girls) so I have to be hard-nosed about it if I want to get serious. It sucks though :(

I've placed an ad online and will be patient and wait for the right home.

Crossing fingers and toes...

Still have the English lurgy, sick and tired of being congested and stuffed up, ugh. What's the saying? A cold lasts a week with medication and seven days without?

Good thing I made chocolate cake last night.

Cake fixes everything!

/end of Yippee It's The Weekend Have Fun! post/

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

Best of luck! I'll have my fingers crossed for you.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I do hope you feel better...all that cleaning won't help you rest at all!
I hope you find a good home for the boy.
good luck with your open house..and getting your loaded pizza!
Do you take the dogs for a ride when you show the house???

Debby@Just Breathe said...

We always have pizza night on Friday. It is a family tradition.
Sometimes it happen on other nights too! Enjoy and have a wonderful weekend.

Vegas said...

given that you cleaned up Chernobyl (aka my office bathroom), I think you more than earned the pizza :)

fingers crossed for our selling efforts!

Anonymous said...

good luck do you sill have blossom and lily? technodoll?

Anonymous said...

tonight i have curry sooooooooooo lucky! xx

Technodoll said...

Modern Mom, thanks! We need all the help we can get!

Busy Bee, I got the pizza and *may* have found a home for my roo... so fingers crossed for everything else. The dogs stay in the park outside when we show the house :)

Just Breathe, I like the tradition! Mmmm pizza...

Vegas, thank you for dinner, it was awesome :-D

Farley, yes we still have Blossom and Lily (my goodness what a good memory you have!) and Angel too, she's the same kind of chicken - you will like her! Lucky you for curry, I haven't had one in aaages. Mmmm!

Anonymous said...

pizza is yummier lol awwwwwwwwwwwwww i miss lily the most dont know why she was sooooooooo cute so is blossom lol xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Technodoll said...

Farley I absolutely LOVE your profile pic! LOL LOL! Don't worry about the fluffy white chickens, they will still be here (plus more) this summer just for you!

Lady B, it's going to take a while to sell this place I think but at least the activity has started, hope it keeps up!