Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Make it stop!!

Time! It's flying by too fast! Somebody slam on the brakes!

*runs around flapping arms like a broken fly*

For some reason the past three days have not gone at all the way I had planned and I just can't seem to get anything done - graaaah!

Monday morning, the dogs ran away - it consumed half the day with anguish and adrenaline that left me drained and useless for the rest of the day. OK I did some laundry and bathed the one grungy dog but nothing useful, you know?

Tuesday morning, my chicken breeder friend called to talk about the chick brooder I wanted built, he offered to show me how to build one so I drove over to his place, we purchased the material and spent 2.5 hours sawing and drilling until voilà! Done! I got home at 4pm after stopping at the co-op for some flock supplies and I then had to take care of the dogs, the flock, hoover the dog-fluff infested house, feed everyone, yadi yada - 9pm I was ready for bed so there went another day of not doing anything on my list.

And this morning, another of my chicken-enthusiast friends called to chat about the upcoming incubation (I'm getting a few eggs from his flock), he had to run some errands near here so he came by for a visit to meet my flock - lucky for me cuz I needed help to get the big heavy chick brooder pen out of the car. He also helped carry the 55 lbs bag of cracked corn to the coop, saving me back pain. Yey! I had already moved heavy bags of bedding and cleaned out the garage so couldn't do much more at that point... Whew.

He stayed for tea and chicken talk, by the time he left and I finally inhaled lunch it was again 3pm and my to-do list still untouched. Can you see where I'm going with this? LOL!

At least it was nice today, not too cold and quite sunny - the dogs spent almost four hours in the park and they're snoring right now. Awesome. I managed to finally finish the damn laundry and had to hoover the dog fluff again (gonna die with a vacuum in my hands), still have a chocolate cake to bake and a few knick-knacks no paddywhacks to take care of.

Vegas comes home tomorrow !!woohooo!! so the day will be devoted to a complete house cleaning before I head over to the city to get him from the airport. I hope to have time to squeeze some grocery shopping in there too, so that Friday is for relaxing and finally breathing.

Oh!! I got another gorgeous green egg today! I loves it :-)

So there you have it, nothing exciting to read about but it's what life is made up of: a series of "things" filled with "stuff" and embroidered with "fluff". In my case, dog fluff, lots of dog fluff. Sigh.

/end of Happy Hump Day, Peeps! post/

6 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Okay the days went by fast but you didn't get all your work done, it's really okay. They sound like they were nice days and quickly means that Vegas comes home. You did want that time to go buy fast, remember....

Busy Bee Suz said...

Sounds like life...a good and busy life!!! Have you thought about shaving the dogs????

Rebecca Foster said...

Well, to me it sounds like you got a lot done! Maybe not all the things you expected to get done, but important to you things all the same.

Hope your husband's flight is on time!

C said...

well maybe you didnt get stuff done on your list but honey you worked yo' ass off! wheeeew...

glad hubbs will be home soon...

you are such a cute lil chickie-mama!

enjoy the weekend and that choc. cake you'll be making for me i mean for you guys... bwahahahahaha

hugs,

c

prin said...

I'm learning how to be ok with feeling useless. Your to-do lists put me to shame. :D

I need a rest from reading what you do. *hunches over, wheezing* ;)

Technodoll said...

Just Breathe, actually the older I get the slower I wish time would pass so I can savour the days! This is like a racetrack!

Busy Bee, yes many times... but I kinda like the soft bunny bits and they'd shed anyways, LOL!

Rebecca, me tooo! Hope no storms clutter things up... snow is on the way :-/

C, you know those cakes are always for yooouuu! but you don't come get them so... :-D

Prin, I get tired writing about it, imagine! Phew!