I know I should take the time to blog properly but man, I'm just not seeing the hours nor the days fly by! Zaaaaaah!
Let's see, in a nutshell:
I'm finally getting a much-needed haircut today, yey! Last one was in the city before we moved so you do the math. Gonna feel good to look a bit more put-together. Plus tomorrow night we're going to Vegas' office xmas party, he can't be dragging along some frumpy chumpy country wife now, can he? I thought not!
Got some xmas shopping done yesterday and will finish that up today, gotta mail the holiday cards and all that fun stuff. I usually don't bother but since we're not seeing many people this year I figured I ought to be nice :-D
Oh, guess what! Miss Coco Chanel, my gorgeous white sultan hen, finally laid a first perfect egg for me yesterday! The breeder said she was laying before I got her but she needed time to settle in and de-stress, and now it finally happened: it's the small, pointy white egg to the far right:
And this morning she laid another beautiful egg! I am so thrilled! Sultans are supposed to average about 80 small eggs per year and normally egg-laying is halted or slowed down during the winter, so this was really a nice surprise.
The only dark cloud is that I had to de-worm the flock this morning, so that means no more eggs until December 31st. Yep, every single egg has got to be tossed out for 2 weeks after treatment - what a waste, eh? Sigh :(
My mom's not gonna be happy, she had reserved two dozen for xmas... I'll have to make it up to her in January. I didn't choose the timing, I have a little sick 8-week old cockerel in the house who needed the treatment and you can't ever do just one bird, you must do everyone at once to prevent any cross-contamination.
Ah well. Everything for a reason, I suppose.
Four baby chicks due in a week, if all goes well - please send good chick joojoo for a successful hatch!
Oh, did you notice my "junk food watch" box on the right-hand side of my blog, at the top? Yep, I thought to maybe motivate myself to eat less junk by publicly monitoring the crap I put in my mouth (get your minds out of the gutter), let's see if that works.
No pointing and laughing, please.
Right, I need to get some laundry done now, hoover the house, make a batch of fudge, call the bank and all that fun housewifey stuff.
Happy Hump Day, everyone!
/end of Yaddi Yadda post/
11 comments:
Yay! What a cute lil egg she gave you. :o)
Proper blogging? Oy, I do not have enough hours in the day anymore. I don't know what happened.
Junk food watch - yes, I saw that and had to laugh just a little. But eww to the cherry hershey kisses. I like the dark chocolate ones. Yuuummmm.
Sending you much chick juju. And I'll be joining you soon in the ranks of those who have to get their house ready for the holidays. Eek!!
Happy Wednesday.
Who knew eggs could be cute! But it really is:)
Happy Hump day right back to ya!
Wow, you ate more candy than me today. I had better get a move on!
Very cute egg. :)
Have fun in the city... Deep breaths, eh? :D
Oh, and pics of the haircut, please.
Doing the happy dance for your eggs!!!! I hope you have new little babies too...they will be so cute!!
Have fun a the party...with your new party hair. :)
Suz
nice oeufs
Kathryn, isn't it so cute? And Hershey makes a mean Kiss, I tell you! Mmm! The xmas decorations can wait another year. Totally.
ModernMom, young children looove the tiny eggs, it's like a special treat just for them :)
Prin, I'll try to get a webcam shot of the curls if I can remember... seems all the hours are for the birds and the beasts these days, whoa!
Busy Bee, first party in a year tomorrow night so yeah, am excited! And anxiously waiting to see if any chicks make it to hatching!
Myself, merci! just so very sad that I have to toss 100+ eggs out the next two weeks :-(
Wow, nice eggs. Have fun at the party. Glad you got some shopping done and yes you need to do the cards since your not seeing everyone. Happy Holidays.
They're so pretty! I would love to keep a flock, except reading your adventures with them, I'm pretty sure I am nowhere near responsible enough. Thank you for letting me live vicariously through you.
Look at you - all in the Christmas Spirit! Glad you were able to get the hair cut...something about a fresh hair do that makes a woman feel brand new!
Cute eggs btw...
Have fun at the party!
That first egg is always so exciting and remains so year after year when those spring/summer hatchlings contribute that first egg to the family.
I have Blue/Black/Splash Ameraucanas that should start really soon. I can't wait for that first Blue Egg from these girls.
new reader,
~~Matt~~
wow those look yummy!
Post a Comment