Vegas and I drove to my favorite breeder's place this afternoon to pick up a new little hen, I phoned this morning to set up the visit and all was fine.
We got there around 2pm and the poor man was shaking like a leaf, kept apologizing for his state of utter nerves:
30 minutes before we arrived, he got an anonymous phone call from a guy shouting expletives and demanding a ransom for his daughter if he ever wanted to see her alive again.
WHAT the HELL?
The provincial police were on their way, he was waiting and just about to have a heart attack from stress :(
Poor man, he and his lady are such sweethearts, I cannot imagine anyone wanting them harm??? They keep to themselves, have no money and live in the middle of nowhere raising chickens, wth?
His daughter lives near the city with his ex-wife, who owns a bar... and the daughter works there. She was last seen this morning on her way to work (to clean the place or do book-keeping, I don't know). He had to call his ex-wife to tell her about the kidnapping call, she knew nothing about the situation.
So the police force is on it, it's a crime to utter death threats and oh, I can't believe such things HAPPEN! If I hadn't been there and heard things for myself, I would have thought it was a joke.
But it's not.
In all of this he gave me a beautiful bantam pullet (japanese mix, I think?) and refused any payment, can you believe it?
I told him I'd call tomorrow night for news, I'm worried sick for him. He was on the verge of tears the whole time we were there.
Great way to spend a cold, snowy Sunday before Christmas...
Please send any spare prayers his way, I really care for this kind soul and am petrified to get bad news.
People SUCK!!
/end of What A Nightmare post/
15 comments:
I wonder what kind of trouble the daughter got herself into. :(
Poor guy. I'll do my praythings for him.
How frightening and sad. I too will pray for the whole situation. Poor man.
WOW !
sending prayers.
x
Kat
Wow, that's terrible! Keep us posted!
OMG! Prayers to him and his family. WTF??
How awful! I hope it'll turn out okay!
how very sad... he will be in my thoughts..
I feel for this family...sending up prayers for help. I hope she is ok..and this will be over soon.
Let us know after you talk with him again.
Suz
That is so sad. I will pray for his daughter. What the hell is wrong with people. I pray that she will be found and unharmed.
Prayers are on the way for all involved.
Wow that is crazy. I hope things turn out okay.
Any news?
Keep us posted. he must be scared out of his mind. I can't imagine!
kept looking for this on the news, but I guess they're keeping it quiet. I don't have the greatest confidence in the SQ...but keeping my fingies crossed. Let us know what's up. And I mirror prin's comment, what's the daughter gotten herself involved in?
Oh so scary. Prayers for them all...
Thanks everyone...
I am calling tonight and really hope to get good news.
Will let you know.
Post a Comment