Today wasn't so bad after all!
Got great news from the bank, possibly very good news from the gov'ment, did more xmas shopping and found a superduper gift for Vegas (yes I was DONE shopping but what the hey), found out that one of my brother's two dogs that he had to give up got adopted today by a very nice lady, the water pipes in the stable are frozen solid but don't seem busted, Vegas is officially on vacation for the next two weeks and all my chickens have so far survived the ongoing, brutal cold spell.
Yey, dat's good :)
Now if only the freaking mice would get the hell out of our bathroom...
Oh, didn't I tell you?
A couple of days ago I opened the bottom drawer under the bathroom sink and found it littered with mouse droppings - gross! What the hell are mice doing in our bathroom?! Every single drawer and cabinet had chocolate sprinkles in them, the little bastids!
Then we found holes in a tube of toothpaste - Crest, to be specific.
Guess the little critters wanted to improve their dental hygiene?
I finally got a bucket of bait today, cleaned everything out and set the poison. Hope it works cuz we can't afford a house extermination... Haven't see any evidence that the mice went anywhere else but we have to kill the nests before they spread.
This is a new problem, too, since we got an exterminator in here about 2 months ago to check out the attic (we thought there were bats in there) - it was all clean. Now there's vermin.
So. Disgusting.
Tomorrow's supposed to be a tad warmer, well less siberian cold at least - let's hope so cuz momma needs a break from hauling buckets of hot water out to the coop for the flock. Ah, the things we do for love!
I baked a pan of cheesecake brownies tonight, don't get all excited they're not all that great. I must have messed up the recipe cuz it just would NOT cook in the middle! The taste is ok, a bit strange in places - I won't be making that recipe again. Hope my special guest doesn't mind...
Vegas said they were "lovely, nice and creamy, brownies are usually hard to eat and dry but these were really good" - so maybe it's just me being fussy.
I'll try to divert my guest's attention with hot chocolate, fresh eggs and a couple surprises :-D
Off to bed goes this old arse o'mine, am very pleased with this day despite swallowing half a pound of dog fluff during the grooming session (hey! free fiber!) since both akitas take it upon themselves to blow their coats each and every Christmas season...
G'nite peeps, are you dreaming of santie yet?
/end of More Stuff, Less Fluff post/
15 comments:
Oh. That's prolly why I like them cheesecake brownies- they are kinda gooey. :D
And maybe he didn't find mice because in the summertime, they tend to all be outside. They come in in the winter when there's no food or warmth outside...
Be careful with poison because their bodies get weaker and die in between your walls, smelling up the place or if they die in a more visible/reachable area, they become poison bombs for doggies.
Wait. Didn't we have this discussion when you were in the city? I think so. :D
And.. um.. I'm not asleep yet. But I'm going! Now! :D
lol @ your night owl friends. :D
um. in my family we humane trap and send em out into the world. No death.
So glad those pups were adopted!!
oh and chocolate sprinkles don't belong in drawers. Gross!
C, oh the bait is out, just waiting for the little fuckers to bite!
Prin, yes we did LOL! No worries, the bait cubes are in drawers and the mice only travel between walls and stuff, haven't seen any yet. If they die, they just dry up and they're so tiny anyways, there is no smell (this is info from the mtl exterminator, and he was right). The dog farts hide the rotting mice smell :-D
Myself, good for you. Here, the vermin dies. There are hundreds of thousands of mice in the fields around here, they don't belong in the house.
Modern Mom, only one of the two was adopted so far but crossing fingers that there is a happy ending for all!
You are such a delight. I am glad that you have lots of good news...aside from the vermin. **shiver** I suppose they heard you have a nice setup in your home..and warmth and crest!!!
Fluff and stuff. :) You made me giggle.
Stay warm!!!
mice! yuck! cute in theory, but not when they are eating your toothpaste and pooping in your bathroom. Perhaps you could toilet train them if all else fails? :)
I wonder if our house mice talk about the barn mice's teeth now in derogatory terms.
What animal eats a whole tube of toothpaste for crying out loud? And why didn't their poop smell minty?
oh man, I had to laugh about the toothpaste. I had vermins @ the cottage chewing on my soap bars and dishsoap container - WTF!! and then they moved in on the toilet paper...and did I tell you about the holes they made in my bed spread....I can go and on..LOL..but the best was finding them drowned in my toilet bowl from the seeds I planted for them in my drawers...
yes, I felt awful about it all. :(
they multiply like crazy. zap them!
I remember about 12 years ago while I was spending the Summer in my Grandma's house, we had a really bad rat problem. They would come into the bathroom and eat the soap and shaving cream!
I think Lola needs a sister named Leia. :D
See, I always feel conflicted about mice, because they are just trying to make a nice little home for themselves. On the other hand, disease! Luckily I have not had a mice problem recently. Hope they move someplace else!
Dreaming of santie, yes! Can't wait for Christmas! I get the day off!
Sorry about the mice!
Busy Bee, I'm not a fan of killing creatures but there's a limit, you know? Crapping in our drawers is definitely the limit, LOL!
Surfergrrl, hmmm train them to jump IN the toilet and flush themselves... yep, I like :-D
Vegas, who said it didn't? mmm minty chockit sprinkles...
Lola, are you kidding! Why do mice eat inedible things is what I want to know! Jeeez louise, what a mess! How did you get rid of them finally? :-o
Roshan, rats are absolutely horrible vermin, they destroy everything and crap like crazy! UGh! good thing they didn't nibble your toes while you slept...
Prin, I'm so happy that story had a happy ending! YEY!
Rebecca, do you get the 24th off too for a 4-day weekend? What are your celebration plans!
Just Breathe, thanks! We've set the bait but no takers so far... hmm. Strange.
Mice? Seriously? Gross. How'd I miss this one? Squish 'em I say!! LOL
I didn't check blogroll on Friday . . . that's how I missed this one. ;o)
Post a Comment